Friday, August 9, 2013






Friday Fave August 9th






Friday Faves

Friday Faves will be a regular feature here on A 50ish Life.

So what is that?

Friday Faves will be when I feature either one of my own favorite outfits from the past week or a noteworthy look I discovered while surfing the net.

This week I went with one of my own looks.

The pants are a bold turquoise Lycra denim from Karen Kane and they fit snugly but with lots of stretch.


They are paired up with a bright neon yellow sleeveless tunic top from Express. The longer flowing top works wonderfully to balance out the fitted pant and to disguise any tummy, hip, bum concerns.
:D

Pulling the two brights together is a beaded turquoise and blue beaded chunky necklace. I added a second longer necklace to help pull the eye down. This gives an elongating effect and I swear takes off five pounds.

To neutralize this bold outfit I chose to go with a more subtle shoe and bag. 

I ended up switching shoes half way through the day. I love a heel but if I have serious walking to do a flat is a much better option. Th beauty of a skinny jean is that it looks great with a either a flat or heeled shoe. 

A bold coral polish and, if you dare, a brighter lip to complete this colorful fun summer style.


To find out more about individual items click here: Polyvore

Have a great weekend.

xoxo,
p











1 comment:

  1. love these colours! My only issue is that I have the arms of the Incredible Hulk(!) & I don't like to wear sleeveless. I'm finding it hard to find pretty summer styles with a slight sleeve....

    ReplyDelete